Thursday 19 March 2009

I've written something!


Okay, not so astounding given I am a wannabe writer, but to put it in context - before my accident I was writing about 3k words a day but since then I've written only 11k, that's since the 27th of December. 
That means I've gone from an average of 3k a day to 220 words a day! Not great really.
So the fact that I have today been able to write some more of my WIP, albeit in thirty minute on/off chunks is a major achievement :-) 

Yes, my word counter has actually moved!

I'm not going to get too carried away - a slightly better day today has followed three absolutely horrendous health days and my eye is right now starting to complain again. I won't bore you with the details but I can safely say that when I'm better I will never, ever take for granted the ability to read or write. Or think, or concentrate, or remember things.
And thinking about the outcome of Natasha Richardson's head injury I'm just plain glad to be alive.


6 comments:

Lucy King said...

That's fab! Your word counter's moving in the right direction (unlike mine). I worry about eyes too. So precious, and staring at a computer all day can't be good...

Jackie Ashenden said...

Lorraine, it's great you're writing. Doesn't matter how much you do, as long as you do some. And you will get your health back. For certain! :-)

Joanne Coles said...

Yay!! You've done another 2,500 today. I am so pleased for you. :-)

On a purely selfish note, I am so glad my daughter's skiing trip has finished and she is home safely. I cannot imagine the pain Natasha Richardson's family are going through.

Rachael Johns said...

Yay you! So glad you're writing again. Here's hoping some of your good habit will rub off on me :)

Lorraine said...

Thanks everyone :-)
Not such good writing progress today but at least I feel I'm moving forward with one of my stories...

(and it's distracting me from worrying about what my RNA report is going to say too!)

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Well done, Lorraine.

:-)