Friday 6 February 2009

Women in Publishing Writing Event

I've spotted this event coming up next week. It looks good and non-members can attend but I'm not sure I can get to London...

Women In Publishing Romance Writing Event Wed. 11 February 2009

Posted at 6:01PM Thursday 05 Feb 2009

Mills & Boon, the world's most recognised publisher of romantic fiction, just celebrated its centenary last year. Claire Sommerville, 2008 Women In Publishing Pandora Award Highly Commended Winner, will be sharing her challenges and successes as the Sales & Marketing Director of Mills & Boon.

Sharon Kendrick, a top-selling Mills & Boon author, will also join us to share the secrets of the world of romance novels writing.

Venue: University Women's Club in 2 Audley Square, London W1, Mayfair

Nearest tubes: Marble Arch, Green Park, Hyde Park

6.45 for 7pm start

Admission: members free, non-members £4.50 (payable on the door) no need to book in advance, all women welcome

2 comments:

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

I would also love to go, but don't think I can justify a trip to London. Will have to content myself with the Edinbugh Book Festival again this year I think. A number of events are run by the Society of Authors and are excellent, but sadly not M&B orintated.

Jackie Ashenden said...

I wouldn't mind going too! Sadly I don't have a couple of thousand dollars lying around in my bank account for the plane fare to London.
If you go, you'll have to tell us what it's like Lorraine!