Sunday 8 February 2009

Burglars!

I apologise for my exclamation mark habit but it's quite justified in this post title, I promise :-) 
The past two nights I've had my sleep broken by a prowler in the garden, rifling through sheds. I hasten to add that I'm not at home in my corner of the Highlands (where people still leave their houses and cars unlocked), but in the crime-ridden south of England, staying with my parents-in-law.

On both occasions my four legged burglar alarms scared off the intruders with their blood curdling growls (fortunately they sound big and ferocious even though they're not either). As it happens a neighbour had his house broken into and car stolen a bit further down the street, so I'm quite glad my furry intruder alarms are being hyper-vigilant. After two disturbed nights I'm shattered though and will be glad to get back home (even though I'm being spoiled with central heating here :-) 

You'd think thick snow on the ground would deter a would-be burglar - his foot prints are totally visible this morning. Now, my rudimentary reading of Enid Blyton tells me I just need to go out with my ruler and the mystery will be solved ;-)
Either the prowler(s) is/are very stupid or they know the police really aren't going to bother...

7 comments:

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

That's quite scary. I hate noises in the night at the best of times, but when you know it's burglars...yikes.

Don't be tempted to go out - with or without your ruler. Stay inside where it's warm and let your four legged friends frighten the baddies away.

Joanne Coles said...

Oh no, that's terrible Lorraine. I would have been petrified. If I hear any noises I tend to pull the covers over my head and convince myself it will just go away.

I constantly fall asleep on my sofa and 3 of my neighbours have had their sheds burgled while I've been laying there, probably in full view of the baddies!!

Jackie Ashenden said...

Yuck, Lorraine! Thank God for the dogs huh?

Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for cars toowoomba
cash for cars sydney

Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for cars brisbane
cash for cars gold coast

Anayza Feloz said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am an antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
Car Wreckers Hobart
hails damaged car removal

A1 Auto Recycling said...

Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
car removal logan
car removal gold coast