Monday 10 August 2009

The Look of Lust



According to recent research men spend almost a year of their lives ogling women - the average man stares at 10 women each day which has been calculated to take 43 minutes (how do they calculate these things???), so between the ages of 18 and 50 that will add up to 11 months and 11 days.
Not exactly unexpected news but what did surprise me was that women apparently ogle 6 men a day, spending 20 minutes a day on this pastime. Erm 6? I don't know about you but coming across 6 men a day worth ogling would be a freak occurrence for me (6 a year in some places I've lived would be a challenge...)
If Michael Weatherly, Simon Baker, Hugh Jackman and Rupert Penry Jones were walking about the streets why would I need to post pictures of them on my blog???


5 comments:

Sally Clements said...

Maybe the women ogling is done online....? How many a day then?

Jackie Ashenden said...

You're right, HOW or more importantly WHY are they measuring these things? And in fact, if that's the case with women ogling men, then I am definitely missing out!

Lacey Devlin said...

LOL! I'm with you six in a year would be a challenge. Perhaps they took a poll on the streets of hollywood?

Perhaps we're living in the wrong places Lorraine. We'll just have to move!

I like Sally's idea. Virtual ogling :)

Lorraine said...

Sally, I agree that 6 a day might work for women if online is included but if you included that for men too then I suspect the 43 minutes figure would be a dire underestimate!

I know Jackie! I think, as Lacey says, they must have carried out their research in Hollywood.

TV crushes and virtual ogling it is!

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

If it's an average then someone else is ogling my share.