Thursday 9 September 2010

New Voices - Taking the Plunge

There are only so many times you can change a word or phrase and then change it back again to your original choice without going stark staring mad.

So, with that in mind I've decided to take the plunge and upload my chapter to the Romance is Not Dead site.
The title is "In too Deep" and the chapter is in the Contemporary Romance section.

If you're still writing/polishing head over to the Minxes site tomorrow (Friday) - We've collated links to all the best competition tips and news stories for you in one post so you can spend more time writing and less time surfing.

Right, time to head over to Lacey's blog to get my badge for being brave ;-)

9 comments:

Liz said...

Awesome! What are you doing to celebrate?

Maya Blake said...

Yaayyyy, well done for pressing send! Extra special minx fairy dust for you :)

Lorraine said...

Hello Elizabeth. Um, collapsing I think. Have been running on Lucozade and suspect there will be a crash when I stop for five minutes...
Have you entered/are you entering?

Thanks Maya :-)

Liz said...

Ha! Collapsing is a time-honored writerly tradition. ;-)

I've decided not to enter this one, because the voting would drive me INSANE. Criticism I can handle. Long waits on submissions I can handle. Watching that little rose line thing getting bigger, smaller, bigger, smaller? I can't handle that. I'd either wear my index finger out refreshing every ten seconds or forget to eat and starve to death. Or both.

Kat said...

Well done Lorraine, you may officially collapse now. :o)

Congrats on the chapter, it's no doubt going to grow itself a garden full of pink roses.

Scarlet Wilson said...

Fabulous Lorraine, heading over to the site now and really looking forward to reading your chapter, well done!

Lacey Devlin said...

CONGRATULATIONS Lorraine! It's a fabulously funny chapter. I really enjoyed it :) You're up on The Wall now and you can help yourself to one of the new badges for your blog if you like.

Jackie Ashenden said...

Yay for you, m'dear! It's a fab chapter and you've already got some great comments!

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Yay, Lorraine.

XX