Wednesday 4 August 2010

Flibbertigibbet


Last week I managed to visit Montreux, Northern Italy, Monaco and then Cannes all in one day. Such gallivanting is most unusual, normally the highlight of my week is a trip to the supermarket but I was piggybacking on a business trip for which my ice cream eating presence was clearly essential, Mr Taxman :-)
While away I've been working on the partial of 'The Art of Seduction' and am hopefully getting close to submitting. But my flibbertigibbety behaviour has taken it's predictable toll on my health and so it may be 'The Art of Seduction - the Zombie Version' that goes to Richmond!
The accompanying sensation of an icepick wedged inside my brain has weirdly given me the opening to my new story idea, weird because you'd think the luxurious towns would have been the obvious inspiration. Although I did pass a gorgeous town in Italy that I instantly knew would be my setting - San Lorenzo al Mer (see below).
I'm not sure whether to give into competition fever - I need to concentrate on finishing AOS and have a punishing round of rehabilitation appointments and a medication change coming up. I should be sensible.
Maybe I'll just write that first chapter...
I have other distractions too - my ipad has just arrived, Hooray :-)

8 comments:

Scarlet Wilson said...

I soooo want an Ipad so I'm wildly jealous. Sorry to hear your health is taking its toll, I can feel the competition fever too, it's quite catching isn't it?
On the other hand you've had the meeting and got the opportunity to submit direct to an editor, so I think you should wedge the ice pick out your brain and concentrate on that! Good luck x

Joanne Coles said...

Fab pics, what a lovely break you've had. Perfect scenery (and people) for new story perculation (I've spelt that wrong, I know!).

I'm so glad your iPad has come after long last. Now you *have* to enter the comp because you'll need to use your iPad for writing new story :-)

Lacey Devlin said...

And following on from Joanne... then you can give me the spare iPad that is the prize from the comp. Lacey very happy.

Sally Clements said...

ooh gorgeous pics. And lovely town. Bet its full of gorgeous Italian men too! Looking forward to reading it....

Jackie Ashenden said...

Huh, thought I posted yesterday but clearly not!
Anyhoo, hugely jealous of you and Cannes. Wish I was there. And the iPad...well, LOVE that.
I can see Lacey is blog stalking for that iPad. :-) You need to enter, Lacey then it can be all yours!

Maya Blake said...

Well you know how jealous the Minxes have been of your glamorous jaunting! Glad to have you back though. Now we can just be jealous of you iPad!

Lorraine said...

I'm sensing a little ipad envy here ;-)
As Jackie says, enter the contest and maybe you'll get one that way...
As to whether to enter - a lot of people who are working with eds but not sold yet have been told to go for it. If I have the time I might enter but will try to focus on AOS in the main...

Aniel Scoob said...

Hello happy, I'm from Brazil and from time to time pass your blog and translate the page and really like to read. kisses