Wednesday 13 May 2009

Unlikely heroes





Colin and Justin, a scottish couple well known in the UK for their interior design programmes, have been selected to pose for two harlequin covers. I'm wondering if it works better if you don't know their real life personas? For me the fact they're gay spoils the fantasy somewhat. All I can think of is them making catty remarks about people's artex :-)

Although I do have to admit that Colin looks quite fetching in his kilt.
BTW the only men I've seen wearing kilts locally (weddings and events excepted) are one old gentleman in his eighties who has a beard down to his knees and cycles round the village in his kilt and a waxwork dummy of Mohammed Al Fayed in full Highland dress at the Shin Falls visitor centre (he owns it and there is also a mini Harrods outlet there!). 



4 comments:

Joanne Coles said...

I wonder who chose them? And why? I mean, they are ok and all -- but why them?

I think I would like that job. Checking out men and deciding which ones would make good cover models :-)

Jackie Ashenden said...

That's an interesting one. I read this somewhere too and thought 'hmmm' when I heard they were gay. Yep, I reckon it's best not to know these things. I wonder - like Joanne - why they were chosen though? The kitsch factor? ;-)

Lacey Devlin said...

I didn't know they were gay. I actually have no idea who they are lol! They haven't reached Australia yet, but I imagine that knowing their personalities would alter your perception. If they're just a hot stranger on your cover you can make them to be as heroic as you like. You could make them rival Superman if it took your fancy ;)

Lorraine said...

Jo - if you click on the first link it explains who choose them. She's clearly the person whose job you need to steal :-)

Jackie - it's not even just that they're gay but that they're home interiors camp, gay!

Lacey - I think that might be why they're not on the UK covers. I agree that imagination is key ;-)