Wednesday 15 December 2010

Home at last! (and a big thank you :-)


Firstly I want to say a huge thank you to the people who left lovely comments on my last blog post, it meant an awful lot to me. If I ever come across fur coat woman again I'll tell her that her card is marked ;-)

Thankfully the black hole that sucked me up has spat me back out and I'm feeling HUGELY happier because I'm finally home again after 15 months of exile! Yep, I managed to make it back to Scotland during the temporary thaw and the minute I saw the snow covered mountains and the sunset reflected in the lochs something lifted inside my chest. 

Three weeks of being left alone so I can potentially WRITE again is really exciting. Only slight dampner is that BT are sending someone to sort out the broadband tomorrow, the same day that the next lot of heavy snow is due. The inauspicious timing means I'm preparing to go cold turkey, and I'm not talking about Christmas leftovers! I'm currently sitting in an Internet cafe having what might be my last fix before I get gobbled up by a snow drift...

So, if you don't hear from me for a while, think of me snowed in in my remote croft house with enough food for a month, gorgeous views and uninterrupted peace and quiet to write in... Actually that doesn't sound too bad. Perhaps I should set up my own writers' retreat? 

8 comments:

Kat said...

book me in, it sounds divine!!

Really hope you can get the broadband set up though, would miss you if you drop out of contact for weeks.
I'll say Merry Christmas now just in case!!!!

love Jo
x

Scarlet Wilson said...

three weeks writing time sounds fab! Chill out, make good use of your time and remember, some of Mills and Boons best stories have been about people who've been snowed in.....

Jackie Ashenden said...

Can I come too? A few weeks without kids and plenty of time to write sounds awesome. And I just LOVE Scotland. Anyway, hope you get your broadband sorted. Like Joanne, I'd miss you! Sniff...

Lacey Devlin said...

That's such a cute picture! I want to come too! I'm so, so glad you made it home!

Maya Blake said...

Really glad you made it home, Lorraine! Now you're just making me jealous with the 3 weeks uninterrupted writing time! Enjoy and happy Christmas if Mr Broadband doesn't turn up :)

Caroline said...

Ohh count me in too! Perhaps you could rent out your home as a writers' retreat! Have a lovely Christmas! Caroline x

Sally Clements said...

Have a lovely time, Lorraine!

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Welcome back to Scotland, Lorraine.

XX