Firstly a huge CONGRATULATIONS to the New Voices finalists and warm wishes as you write your second chapters.
But for the rest of us who are feeling inevitably a bit disappointed I'm pleased to announce it is now Open Season on Crows. So come and pick your weapon and ammunition of choice to shoot the crows of doubt now circling in menacing fashion.
If any of the following statements are applicable to you (and not all of them are applicable to me, I hasten to add) please select the appropriate weapon and take aim:
(1) I have had work requested from an Editor, therefore I am not crap.
(2) I have requested work still outstanding, waiting to be sent in to an Editor, therefore I am not crap. (and I promise myself to get on and get ready to submit)
(3) I have had really positive comments in a revision letter/face to face feedback at an Editor pitch, therefore I am not crap.
(4) I have previously placed in a competition, therefore I am not crap.
(5) I have received positive comments from readers who liked my competition entry, so they can't have thought I was crap.
(6) Failure to place in a competition does not mean I will not get published (invoke the names of Maisey, Tina et al at this point) so it does not mean that I am crap.
(7) The more I keep writing and learning craft and subbing and the harder I work at it the closer I will get to achieving my dream and I refuse to give up on it.
Take that pesky crows now I've only got one thing left to say: