Friday 20 August 2010

Want to know a secret?

Have you ever wondered if it's possible to make a living from writing? Of course you have, if you're being honest. And if you've been around the newbies block a few times you'll have grasped that it's a little harder than the media would have us believe, even after you sign that book deal.
'So what should we do?' I hear you cry. Funny you should ask me that, as Sue Moorcroft, author of Love Writing, How to Make Money Writing Romantic or Erotic Fiction is guest blogging for the minxes today on this very subject. Pop over and see what she has to say. If you've got any questions stick them in a comments box.
Yes we love writing and we'd continue to do it whether we got recognition and the reddies or not but...unless you're married to a billionaire (in which case why are you reading my blog instead of sun bathing on your yacht?) then it's a subject that affects us all.
***
This week I've been the moaniest Minx of them all. New medication and numerous tests in far flung places have left me mewing like a pitiful kitten to anyone prepared to listen. A few words have been penned on my potential competition entry but subsequently deciding it's pants has left me very irritable. Of course it may not be pants, just a combination of dirty first draft and that fog of tiredness that makes the entire world feel like a rotten place. So I'll reserve judgement a little longer...
How about the rest of you? Are your current WIPs pants or lacy works of La Perla art???

3 comments:

Lacey Devlin said...

The interview sounds fab :)

You get to moan in my opinion. Tests and new medication, and hey just living with a chronic illness for any length of time gives you a get out of jail free card in my book so feel free to kick and scream too if you like :).

Sally Clements said...

Lacey nailed it, so I've nothing to add but just to second her sentiments!
xx

Jackie Ashenden said...

Moan away, my dear, like Lacey said, you've got the right. And as for the pants, well, some days it's La Perla and some days it's baggy, grey Y fronts...:-)